Search This Blog

Some Favorite Recipes

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Super Mario!


My oldest son recently turned seven. It's hard to believe he's growing so fast. But I know we all feel that way about our kids. He is one to change his mind regularly, so after I'd been planning a Lego party for weeks, he changes to Super Mario. Back to the drawing board! You can only find party supplies for this theme at birthday express, so we ordered from there. I must say it is well worth the price for their goodie boxes. They are cute, durable, and a joy for boys and girls of every age! They come stocked with Mario notebooks, box of crayons, two tattoos per box, and noise putty. I think the noise putty alone would be a hit. I also purchased chocolate gold coins to add to the goodie boxes.

I again made the cake for this party. I used two 9" rounds for the base, two 6" rounds for the middle, and stacked three oreos for each marshmallow mountain on the top. I piped the details and used nutty bars and brown fondant for other details. I also piped mushrooms and used chewy sweet tarts for other decorations. It turned out pretty well! The figures were purchased on Ebay.

For favors, I bought foam visors and decorated them with an M for Mario, L for Luigi, and P for Princess Peach. I used face paint to paint mustaches on the boys and hearts on the girls. The kids wore these for the duration of the party and had a great time.

Games included Yoshi's egg hunt. I used Easter eggs filled with varying amounts of plastic gold coins. There was a prize egg and a Princess Peach prize egg filled to the brim with coins. The guests then counted coins and "won" prizes such as sticky hands, slap bracelets, plastic slinkys, and lanyards. We also had a Boo's bean bag toss and pin the moustache on Mario. I used a template for drawing Mario from dragonart.com that worked like a charm to get a great looking Mario if I do say so!

Next on the party agenda is Elmo for my youngest son's second birthday in June..... I'm already making notes and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment